Friday, September 25, 2009

bah!

As I strive to faithfully document EVERY school lunch I have (since the start of this blog at least) I present a sadly watered down version of last week's kyuushoku. To elaborate: I have a severe shellfish allergy, so whenever shrimp or its cohorts appear on the menu, the school does its best to work around that fact. Or in this case, they just don't give me whatever has shrimp in it. Thus I had a big old steamin' bowl of plain rice, sans delicious looking stew--that unfortunately had some little shrimp in it.

So...it wasn't that interesting, but luckily this only happens maybe once or twice a month. And sometimes the various schools are extremely nice and make me a separate little non-shellfish plate of whatever food it is, lovingly wrapped in plastic with an elaborate handwritten name card on it! Today's lunch was not as carefully planned, c'est la vie. Although the school dietitian (yes, every school has their own full-time dietitian) gave me a copy of the month's menu with today's meal circled in red, and an X through the stew accompanied by a "NO!!". Which I thought was cute.


[clockwise from rice]

- rice (gohan ご飯)
- namul = Korean style sesame vegetables (namuru ナムル)
- seaweed soup (wakame s
ūpu わかめ スープ)
- milk (gyuunuu 牛乳)

No comments:

Post a Comment